Everyone knows about belkin wireless router. It’s the best wifi router that we have for home and small office network.
Belkin routers are fully loaded with useful media and security features. Through which you can manage your router easily without having any kind of advanced technical knowledge.
Belkin has launched various models of the wireless router with different kind of features. Users can use them according to their need. If we talk about the most popular models of belkin router, I will say, n150, n300, and n750.
These wireless routers can provide you a wide range of wifi into your home or office. You may visit top 5 Belkin routers for home or small office with high bandwidth.
People love to use belkin router because it is very easy to use and it is a reliable wifi router as well.
If you will install the belkin router into your network once, you don’t have to deal with problems every day. It may let you down for once in a while only.
Today’s article is about belkin router setup. If you buy a new belkin router and you don’t know how to install it into your network.
This post can help you in belkin router setup. So you need to read this article until the end.
Before that let me tell you about the different types of routers. There are two types of wireless router available.
1.Belkin wireless router-
these routers are simple wifi router. They come with simple firmware with limited features. You can setup them easily. All you need to do, just make a physical connection between router and modem and power it on.
That’s all you need to do to install belkin router. If we talk about the belkin router setup, you have to setup wifi name and password manually.
2. Belkin smart wifi router-
another version of belkin routers is Belkin smart wifi routers. When you buy a bekin smart wifi router. You need belkin router setup disk to install it into your network.
If you don’t have the disk to set up the belkin router, you shouldn’t worry about anything. You can also setup your router using the web browser.
So before reading the instructions for belkin router, first you need to check which wifi router do you have?
Requirement For belkin router setup –
- Internet connection.
- Pc or Laptop.
- Ethernet cable (1 ethernet cable if you have laptop or wifi enabled pc. Else you need to 2 ethernet cables).
Install Belkin Wireless Router-
Now I am coming to the main thing. That is how to install belkin router?
To install a new belkin wifi router, first you need to unbox the router and start making the connection.
To make the connection, you need to follow the steps given below.
- Take an ethernet cable and connect that cable from modem to the internet port of the router.
- Take another ethernet cable and connect that cable from your pc or laptop to the Any empty LAN port of belkin wifi router.
Note- if you have a laptop . you may connect your laptop to the belkin router using wifi facility.
- Now power on your modem and router one by one. Once you will power on your router. You need to wait for 1 minute. So your router can detect the internet settings.
Once your router will start getting internet from modem, it will start showing solid green light. But somehow if it is showing yellow light, You may try to reboot your modem once.
If it is still not working. you may visit: why is my Belkin router blinking orange.
Note- if you got PPPOe connection from your isp. Then you have to configure the router manually. For that, you may jump belkin router setup step and follow the instructions given into belkin router setup using PPPOE connection.
Now your router will be connected to the internet. you may go ahead and configure the wifi settings. For brief information you may visit: how to change or configure the wifi password on belkin router.
Belkin Router setup-
if you have installed the belkin router successfully. It’s a time to setup belkin router. You need to follow the steps below for belkin router setup.
This step is for belkin smart wifi router. If you have a simple belkin router. you don’t need to skip it.
- Open the web browser like- internet explorer, safari or chrome.
- In the top address bar, type router’s ip address 192.168.2.1 and press the enter button.
- Now you will able to see internet connection type window, here you need to click on detect my connection.
- Once your router will detect the internet connection, you will able to see the wireless settings option, here you need to configure the wifi name and password and click on next.
- Now you will able to router admin page, here you need to create a new password for belkin router and press the next button again.
- Now you will able to see belkin username and password information, here you will able to see an option great whats next. You need to click on it.
- Now you will be redirected to the belkin router registration window, if you want to register your product right now, then you need to fill the information and press the register button. Else you can click on register later option.
- After skipping the registration window, your belkin router will check for the firmware update. if there will be an update available, it will update itself.
Once it will update the firmware, you will reach to router dashboard option.
Here you need to click on take me to the dashboard.
Finally, your belkin smart wifi router will be set up. You may go ahead and connect your devices to the router.
Install belkin router using PPPOE or PPP connection–
Some internet provider provides pppoe connection for internet. in this connection type, you will get a username and password from your internet service provider. You have to type that information when you try to install belkin router.
if you configure the belkin router using DHCP connection, It will automatically detect the connection.
But if you have a PPPOE connection, in that case, you have to configure your belkin router manually.
To configure the belkin router you need to follow the instructions given below.
- Connect your router to the modem and computer.
- Open your website and type router’s ip address to open the belkin router setup page.
- Once the belkin router setup page will be open. You need to click on internet settings or connections option.
- Now you will able to see the login window. Here you need to type the router login password and then press the login or ok button.
- Once you will log in to the belkin router setup page. You will able to see the internet connection type option, here you need to select PPPoE from the drop-down menu.
- Now you will able to see username and password window. Here you need to type the username and password for your internet connection.
If you don’t know the username and password for pppoe connection, you may call your isp and ask them for username and password.
- After typing the username and password for PPPOE connection, you need to press the apply changes button.
Now your router will detect the try to connect with your modem. If the username and password will be correct. You will get connected to the internet modem.
After following these steps, I hope you have set up your Belkin router by yourself. If you are having difficulty with any step or you need any other help.
Please leave a comment below. We will reply it with the solution and it will also work as the feedback for us.