Solution for belkin router blinking orange or flashing amber/ yellow light problem.
Today’s question has been asked by Myra Joseph from UK. Her belkin router is blinking orange, due to that she can’t access the internet. She tried few things to fix her router. But unfortunately, she can’t access the fix the problem.
That’s why she came to us and ask for the help?
actually, she is not only one, there will be so many people facing belkin router is not working problem at the same time. That’s why we decided to write an article on why is belkin router blinking orange and how can we fix this issue.
let me tell you, this problem may be because of several causes. today, in this post, we will discuss, how to fix belkin router blinking orange problem?
So If any of you are going through the same problem as well. you need to read this post and follow the steps to fix the problem.
Identify the Cause Behind Belkin Router Flashing Orange Problem-
When you will get blinking orange light on your belkin router. do not forget to check the internet status. make sure you are getting internet on your modem.
To check the status, you may connect your pc directly to the modem and then try to access the internet.
let’s see if you can access the internet or not?
Somehow if you are unable to access the internet via your modem. it’s a problem from your ISP. in this case, you need to call your ISP and ask them to fix the problem.
But if you can access the internet from your modem but it’s just the belkin router. which is not working. you should not worry about it at all, because we can help you in fixing the problem
How To Fix Belkin Router blinking orange Issue-
- Turn off your belkin router and wait for 1 minute. now turn it back on.
- turn off your modem and computer as well, and wait for 1 minute and then power them back on.
- once the Devices will be turn on, you need to wait for 1 minute and then check do you see solid green light or blinking orange light on the router?
- Check the cable connection between belkin router and modem. make sure your modem is connected from internet port of the router.
- Check PPPOE settings (if you have). make sure you are typing correct username and password for your account.
If you don’t know the username and password for your pppoe connection. you may call your isp and ask them to reset it.
- in some cases, we have seen, people are having difficulty with belkin router blinking orange problem, just because their modem is not able to identify the belkin router.
If you are having belkin router blinking orange problem. you can also victim of this problem. in that situation, you should do mac cloning on your belkin router.
After cloning the mac address you need to reboot your belkin router once and then try to access the internet.
- Do not forget to check for firmware update. be sure, your router has an updated firmware. you may find the latest firmware from belkin website
Reset The Belkin Wireless Router(If still not working)-
Do you still see the blinking orange or solid yellow light on your wifi Router? Arghh…..
If your reply is yes?
Now it’s a time to reset the wireless router. so you need to press and hold the reset button on your Wifi router for one minute with the help of pin or paper clip and then release it. You will find the reset button on the top or bottom of your router.
You will find the reset button in the bottom or top of your router. it will be with the green light
Once you will release the reset button, you need to reboot the belkin router, and then try to setup belkin router again.
Finally, I hope now you will get rid of blinking orange light on your router. if you have any other question, you may leave the comment below.
We will reply it with the solution.